Your shopping cart is empty!
World Arthritis Day – They Need Your Hand
- Hits: 303
Our body works continuously and tirelessly. We are surrounded by the tasks of daily life which we need to do in order to make it through the day. Even when we are asleep, our brain and heart work rigorously.
The point is, sometimes our body works more than it should and it ends up causing fatigue, pain or joint pain. Actually, it is a lot more common problem and if it gets serious, then the joint inflammation can be threatening. It is a much-known problem among us known as Arthritis.
It is all around us and yet its impact on the individuals is far greater than most of us realize.
The Bigger Problem
Arthritis is affecting us deeply and we don’t even have a clue about it. It is a condition of joint inflammation which causes immense pain. The term is used to describe more than 200 conditions affecting joints. Let’s join hands at this World Arthritis Day and step forward in saying Bye Bye to the illness.
It’s not just a few but millions of people around the worlds are seemed to be affected by arthritis. The constant pain of the joints has brought a bigger change in their life. The World Arthritis day has brought many NGOs and foundation to work together against the disease.
The Eular Campaign
The Eular campaign, Don’t Delay, Connect Today, was introduced in 2017 and is still going forward in 2018 with an increased set of followers and more amazing audience in Europe as of now. The campaign focuses on raising awareness and promotes the movement extensively in order to work for the people getting affected by it. The aim is to tell people about the early diagnosis and access to care against the symptoms of Rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
Some Related Causes
There is no single cause as such for all kinds of arthritis, they vary accordingly. Most possible causes include,
• An injury in the past or the present may lead to degenerative arthritis.
• Conditions of abnormal metabolism may lead to gout and pseudo-gout.
• Inheritance, such as in osteoarthritis or sometimes genetic conditions can lead to the disease too.
• There are possible infections, such as in the arthritis of Lyme disease or the immune system dysfunction, such as in RA and SLE can also cause it.
So, the most types of the disease are linked to a certain combination of factors, but some have no obvious cause and appear to be unpredictable in their emergence.
Facts and Statistics
• It is the leading cause of disability among the adults in the US.
• If we go by conservative estimates, then 54 million adults have doctored diagnosed arthritis.
• Around 300,000 babies and children have arthritis or a rheumatic condition.
• Doctored diagnosed arthritis is more common in women than in men.
• People with more chronic condition like heart disease (49%) diabetes (47%) or obesity (31%) are seemed to be affected more by it.
It’s a serious condition that needs to be fought and if we don’t stand together, then it won’t stop and increase more by the given time.