WHAT IS ALLTERA RITONAVIR 50MG & LOPINAVIR 200MG TABLETS ?
Lopinavir/ritonavir is a combination of 2 HIV protease inhibitors. It works by stopping the HIV virus from multiplying.
Lopinavir/ ritonavir is used for treating HIV infection. It is used along with other medicines for HIV.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS :
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking Alltera and call your doctor at once if you have:
- headache with chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats;
- severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting;
- itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- high blood sugar (increased thirst, increased urination);
- penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer (if you take Alltera with erectile dysfunction medication);
- muscle weakness, tired feeling, joint or muscle pain, feeling short of breath; or
- severe skin reaction--fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
- Alltera may increase your risk of certain infections or autoimmune disorders by changing the way your immune system works. Symptoms may occur weeks or months after you start treatment with it. Tell your doctor if you have:
- signs of a new infection--fever, night sweats, swollen glands, mouth sores, diarrhea, stomach pain, weight loss;
- chest pain (especially when you breathe), dry cough, wheezing, feeling short of breath;
- cold sores, sores on your genital or anal area;
- rapid heart rate, feeling anxious or irritable, weakness or prickly feeling, problems with balance or eye movement;
- trouble speaking or swallowing, severe lower back pain, loss of bladder or bowel control; or
- swelling in your neck or throat (enlarged thyroid), menstrual changes, impotence, loss of interest in sex.
Common side effects may include:
nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
high cholesterol; or
changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.