Your shopping cart is empty!
WHAT IS XPREZA 100 MG ?
Xpreza (Azacitidine) is an anti-cancer ("antineoplastic" or "cytotoxic") chemotherapy drug. It is a member of a new class of drugs known as DNA "demethylating" agents. Xpreza works by helping the bone marrow to produce normal blood cells and by killing abnormal cells in the bone marrow.
Xpreza is used to treat myelodysplastic syndrome (a group of conditions in which the bone marrow produces blood cells that are misshapen and does not produce enough healthy blood cells).
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF XPREZA (AZACITIDINE):
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
• fever, chills, bruising, or other signs of low blood cell counts;
• low potassium;
• nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea; weakness; or
• redness or other irritation where the injection was given.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
• low blood cell counts - fever, chills, flu-like symptoms, swollen gums, mouth sores, skin sores, rapid heart rate, pale skin,
easy bruising, unusual bleeding, feeling light-headed;
• Kidney problems - lower back pain, blood in your urine, little or no urinating, swelling in your feet or ankles;
• Liver problems - upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
• stabbing chest pain, wheezing, cough with yellow or green mucus, feeling short of breath;
• redness, swelling, warmth, oozing, or other signs of skin infection;
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.
Store Azacitidine at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted to 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F). Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and away from pets.